If not, consider treating yourself or a loved one to a wooden watch.
Wooden watches have become a top choice for those who are passionate about nature-inspired products and love everything natural.
But the thing is, some wooden watches can tend to be clunky, low quality, and unsophisticated.
So I painstakingly went through all of the wooden watches that are out there. In the end, I hand-picked and reviewed a list of the 10 the best wood watches.
These 10 wood watches bring together style, class, and tremendous quality.
When you pair one of these beauties with the right outfit, your friends and colleagues will be absolutely envious.
Expect lots of comments. More so than you would with a thousand dollar designer watch!
That being said, let’s take a ride into the world of wooden watches, and help you find the perfect fit for your needs.
The Best Wood Watches for Men Overview
click the product to jump to the description
|Bewell Zebra Wood||Learn More|
|Treehut Walnut & Ebony||Learn More|
|Holzkern Shanghai||Learn More|
|Treehut Bamboo||Learn More|
|LeeEv EV1001||Learn More|
The Best Wood Watches for Women Overview
click the product to jump to the description
Why Wood Watches?
Wooden watches are a one-of-a-kind accessory that you can wear for years to come.
I especially love them because they’re the perfect way to spice up boring work attire.
And despite most of them being hand-crafted, they are significantly cheaper than most watches out there.
No more racking up your credit card debt just to look stylish.
An Eco-friendly Option (sometimes)
Finally, environmental enthusiasts have an accessory for them. When you wear a wooden watch, you combine the characteristics of a beautiful, durable, and environmentally friendly accessory.
You’re probably wondering how wooden watches help the environment, right?
Watches made from materials such as bamboo come from sustainable forests, where every tree that is cut down is replaced by a new one that is planted.
But not all wood watches are made of bamboo, which is a fast-growing sustainable resource. So if the environment is a concern for you, stick to the bamboo watches mentioned here.
Skin Sensitive to Metals? No Problem.
Some people are allergic to the metals used in standard watches. It usually causes itchy or painful rashes.
Most wood watches don’t use any metals that could trigger an allergic reaction.
This makes wood watches the perfect fit for those who have skin that’s sensitive to metals.
Insensitive to Heat
Say goodbye to scorching hot metal watches in the summer.
Unlike metal watches, wooden watches don’t retain heat. Plus, they are more comfortable to wear, and much lighter.
That being said, let’s explore some of the best wooden watches that are out there for both men–click here if you’re looking for women’s watches.
Bewell W086B Men’s Wooden Watch Analog Quartz
Most wooden watch enthusiasts are well aware of this gem. In fact, this Bewell watch is one of the single most popular wooden watches on the market. And for good reason.
Each Bewell watch is beautifully handcrafted from 100% natural wood materials. It’s also lightweight, comfortable and elegant despite its rustic design.
- It’s beautiful. I mean come on… look at it!
- Each watch is a hand-crafted work of art
- Despite its rustic appearance, it maintains a vibe of elegance (and it’s comfortable to wear)
- Over 800 positive reviews and counting–so you know it’s high-quality
- Band size is easy to adjust, and it comes with an adjustment tool
- Straps are sensitive to snapping and breakage if you wear it during physical activity (e.g., don’t decide to try kickboxing with this on)
- Sensitive to prolonged exposure to the sun
- Can break when dropped on its glass face
Treehut Walnut & Ebony Wood Watch
When I wear this watch, I always manage to get at least a few compliments, which is way more than I ever get with standard watches. That’s when you know it’s a nice watch 😉 .
In addition to the brown wooden face and straps, the quartz display also lies against a dark brown backdrop that emphasizes nature to its core. Who thought that a brown on brown look would look this good?
- Unique and attractive color design
- Handcrafted from 100% natural wood
- TreeHut is one of the most reputable brands out there for wood watches
- Brown quartz backdrop slightly reduces visibility in certain lightings
- Doesn’t fare well with continued water exposure
- Front glass can’t endure a beating
Holzkern Shanghai Series
This wooden watch by Holzkern is hands-down one of the most beautifully crated watches I’ve ever laid my eyes on. It’s handmade in Austria and offers an elegant, yet rustic look that will surely turn some heads.
The face is constructed of maple wood whereas the border and wristband are made from zebrawood. The quality of this watch is unmatched by any other. Holzkern kindly sent me this watch so I could see it in person and give my honest opinion on it.
- Intricate design perfect for that professional, yet rustic look
- State-of-the-art gearing system (automatic movement by Citizen)
- It’s the king of high-end wooden watches
- Comes in a beautiful wooden box to store it in
- Considerably more expensive than the other watches (but you get what you pay for!)
- The band contains metal (stainless steel) so if your skin doesn’t like it, this watch isn’t for you.
Treehut Bamboo Watch — Leather Strap
The Treehut men’s bamboo watch features an eco-elegant design that emphasizes environmental consciousness.
The face of the watch features a minimalist design, with an analog layout that strikes a balance between earthy and classy.
What makes this watch even better is that Treehut doesn’t fall short in the quality department. It has a 3 ATM water resistance, and the bamboo face adds an extra layer of heat resistance as well.
- Durable design with 5-year battery life
- Exceptionally affordable
- Handcrafted for a unique and stylish appearance
- Wood textures and colors get better with time
- Leather straps get worn out over time if you wear it like it’s your job
- Not fully water-resistant (but no wood watches are)
- The slightly thick dial diameter (1.3inches) can poke against your arms
JORD Wooden Wrist Watch — Frankie Minimalist Series
JORD is well known for producing high-quality luxury wood watches. While they may have a slightly bigger price tag, the quality of these watches is out of this world.
This watch is made of 100% real sandalwood. So it doesn’t have any toxic paint or chemicals.
This watch also comes with a watch box, cleaning cloth, oil, and a humidity pack to keep it in pristine condition for years.
- Hand-made from sandalwood
- Strikes a closer resemblance to higher-end watches
- Includes a box and maintenance kit
- Some people think the lightweight compromises authentic feel
- Higher price compared to other wood watches (but people rave about its quality)
LeeEv EV1001 Men’s Natural Black & Zebra Wood Watch
An affordably priced and eco-friendly solution, the LeeEV wooden watch is a stylish handcrafted zebra sandal watch that incorporates a vintage design. It’s a truly timeless look, emphasizing nature and sophistication.
Unlike some other wood watches, the face is white making it easily visible in all lighting.
- Protective glass is hardened and scratch proof
- Each watch has a unique look
- Adjustable strap to fit different sized arms
- Thick dial may poke against your arm
- Face of the watch is slightly undersized
JORD Cora Series
It features 100% natural and sustainably sourced zebrawood, which gets finer and more attractive over time–like a fine wine.
The hands and band are made of genuine rose gold. The face is exceptionally durable since it’s made from sapphire glass (crystal).
If you’re looking to make a statement, this is the watch to get.
- It’s exceptionally durable considering it’s a wood watch
- Made from 100% handcrafted zebrawood
- Comes with a box and maintenance kit to keep it looking amazing as it ages.
- It’s beautiful… the picture doesn’t to it justice
- Higher price, but the quality makes up for it.
Bioston Uwood Fashion Casual Watch
Want to combine the elegance of a traditional watch with a subtle earthy vibe? The Bioston Fashion Casual wooden watch is a great option for you. It’s a handmade natural wooden watch, featuring materials that are specially designed for people with sensitive skin and allergies. The watch is made of eco-friendly and natural zebra.
This is the perfect watch for those who think there’s too much wood on most wooden watches.
- Made of natural high-quality zebra wood
100 wooden design, including straps
- Small 36mm dial increases comfort
- You can pick between 3 different color variations
- Bands sensitive to snapping
- Excessive spots on some watches due to natural bamboo
- Front glass sensitive to breakage
Viable Harvest Sandalwood Watch With White Face
Viable Harvest does a fantastic job with achieving a minimalistic, yet elegant design with this watch.
It features Japanese quartz movement, so it stays on time consistently.
Nearly every person who reviews this watch seems to absolutely love it.
- Lightweight and comfortable due to leather straps
- Minimalistic white allows the watch to go with almost any outfit
- You can get a variant of this watch (it’s just bigger) for men.
- Doesn’t offer different colors or wood types
WeWood Date Watch
If you like things that are more floral or artsy, this watch may be the right one for you.
While it may not be as elegant as some of the other watches I mentioned here, it has an eye-catching design that’s truly unique to any other watch.
It’s also 100% hypo-allergenic, meaning people with metal or chemical sensitivities will have no problem wearing this watch.
Even the paints used are free of toxic chemicals.
And to top it off, the face is made of scratch-proof mineral glass.
- Made of 100% natural wood
- Scratch-proof mineral glass face
- A truly unique artistic design
- Some people complain that the floral design isn’t vibrant enough
CUCOL Women’s Wooden Bamboo Watch With Leather Strap
Women are certainly not left behind in the wooden watch fashion trend. The CUCOL wooden bamboo watch comes with a stylish and authentic bamboo case, and a face that features a slender, circular design.
There’s also no distracting emblem on the surface. Some brands will make their logo obnoxiously big on the watch’s face. And this clearly is not the case with CUCOL.
This watch captures the essence of minimalism, but still manages to be eye-catching at the same time.
You can easily mix and match the CUCOL watch with many different accessories thanks to its neutral colors.
- Comes with authentic bamboo case for proper storage
- Lightweight, stylish design
- Attractive quartz crystal layout
- Leather straps can get worn out
- No emblem on the face makes it look plain. Some like this and some don’t